Do women give shorter white guys a pass?

Desilou
Short Page
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 11
Score: 12 | 3
KingCash: 38

Dating
Do women give shorter white guys a pass?
post #1

This is something I've noticed with interracial dating. 

Shorter white guys seem to get some kind of pass from non-white women.

I will not deny that a taller man (any race) will have more potential for better outcomes when it comes to dating non-Indian women.

However, I notice that non-white women will be more accepting of a shorter white guy while scoffing at shorter men from their own race and culture.

There is this Asian woman I know who always has something negative to say about short men, but her current boyfriend is 5'6 or so, but white.

I called her out on this and she said, "but he's different".

All of her Asian boyfriends were exceptionally tall.

The only thing "different" about him is that he is not Asian.

I've seen this with Indian women I know also.

What is your take on this. Have you noticed this?

rogerdat22
Short Page
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 1
Score: 3 | 1
KingCash: 11

Re: Do women give shorter white guys a pass?
post #2

Yep. I notice this too. There is a racial hierarchy and a height hierarchy. They are separate, but intersect.

For black men with few exceptions, he has to be hyper-masculine. This can be expressed with height or top-tier material things.

For Asian and Indian men, they have to be tall and successful in most cases if they want to date out unless they are dating a woman who culturally would benefit from of their genetic traits.

White men unequivocally get a pass with reason. How else could Oprah date Roger Ebert (5'6), but then end up with Stedman Graham (6'7).

Do you think a black version of Roger Ebert would've had a fighting chance with her at any point during her career?

AsianGod
Short Vassal
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 15
Score: 9 | 1
KingCash: 50

post #3

I have seen this even in my family. It's not just about height either. Well, height conveys status and in this society, so does being white.

In this case, the Asian men have to come with height if they are not successful. If they are successful, there is some leeway.

There is more leeway with a white guy though.

Even when I was in school, I'd hear some of my friends criticize a guy for how he dressed, what kind of car he had (college), if he had his license (high school), how good his teeth was, etc and then go date a white guy who dressed like a bum.

This is not a judgement against any man who is white, rather just speaking to the fact that in dating, being white gets you bonus points and can make up for things that women will be more critical of if they were dealing with a non-white person.

ChuckChill
Short Squire
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 39
Score: 33 | 2
KingCash: 130

post #4

This is definitely a thing.

In my community you have women who will cape for men who aren't black, it's not just about being white.

Hear me out. My sister's friend did not date her own kind (black men) unless they were mixed, and if they were mixed with black they had to be tall. Now she didn't say this, but I'm going by who she bought around.

If they were Spanish, Arab or Indian, they could be any height and she would bring some short mofos around!

The only thing though was that they always had to be fresh from head to toe and had to have something going for themselves. They absolutely could not look like a bum.

Desilou
Short Page
Reactions: 11
Score: 12 | 3
KingCash: 38

post #5

Quote:

Originally posted by AsianGod

There is more leeway with a white guy though.

Even when I was in school, I'd hear some of my friends criticize a guy for how he dressed, what kind of car he had (college), if he had his license (high school), how good his teeth was, etc and then go date a white guy who dressed like a bum.

Definitely this. The white guys in these scenarios could dress like anything with these women.

Indian or Asian guy needed to have some style, even if they are tall.

Buncome
Short Lord
Reactions: 29
Score: 15 | 20
KingCash: 89

post #6

Quote:

Originally posted by ChuckChill

In my community you have women who will cape for men who aren't black, it's not just about being white.

Hear me out. My sister's friend did not date her own kind (black men) unless they were mixed, and if they were mixed with black they had to be tall. Now she didn't say this, but I'm going by who she bought around.

True that! My aunt's friend is this Dominican woman (basically black, if she didn't open her mouth, you would think she was African American by appearance). Her kid's father was Peruvian, but short, I want to say 5'5.

Her current husband though is 6'4 with dreads. 

Why does this matter?

She had a kid with the Peruvian. That kid is grown now, but has light skin and curly hair.

In other words, that Peruvian guy had a use case. I've seen her other boyfriends.

All this to say, yes, White Guys do get a pass, but also it's culture-specific. Sometimes, it's more that your own kind doesn't get a pass.

joshbaskins
Short Knight
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 33
Score: 27 | 8
KingCash: 98

post #7

I think so. White women give me the hardest time and I'm white.

I find though that black, hispanic and asian women are usually the most receptive to me and give me the least push-back overall. That's not to say that I have anywhere near a 100% or even 30% success rate. I didn't get, nor still get dates at any high clip, but when I do score a phone number or social media handle, I usually have the most success with the women I just mentioned. 

I can see what AsianGod is saying. I've seen the exes of some of my black and hispanic girlfriends and they looked and dressed nothing like myself, and were definitely much taller.

Buncome
Short Lord
Reactions: 29
Score: 15 | 20
KingCash: 89

post #8

Quote:

Originally posted by joshbaskins

I think so. White women give me the hardest time and I'm white.

I find though that black, hispanic and asian women are usually the most receptive to me and give me the least push-back overall. That's not to say that I have anywhere near a 100% or even 30% success rate. I didn't get, nor still get dates at any high clip, but when I do score a phone number or social media handle, I usually have the most success with the women I just mentioned. 

I can see what AsianGod is saying. I've seen the exes of some of my black and hispanic girlfriends and they looked and dressed nothing like myself, and were definitely much taller.

This is exactly what I mean when I said "your kind doesn't get a pass".

Suarez223
Short Knight
Reactions: 15
Score: 6 | 0
KingCash: 43

post #9

I've definitely seen rhis in my own family. I'm Puerto Rican. Some of my family members have married Dominicans. It doesn't work the way you're explaining here. There definitely is a "preference" for white men in conversation, but I haven't seen this play out in their lives.

I have some cousins who love black men, and they've been pretty generous when it comes to height. I've seen some date short ones and tall ones. They will date white men, but they usually have to be tall and have a lot of swagg. They can't be preppy or anything like that.

Most of them express that they aren't into Indian and Asian men. 

I do have one family friend who married an Asian guy. She's also Puerto Rican. The guy is short, balding, but loaded. The guy's family owns restaurants. 

Most of my family members are into Latinos though for cultural and language reasons.

Outside of my family though, I've definitely noticed that with other groups and South American Latinos a big preference for and more leeway granted to white guys.