How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?

Member
Catman
Short Prince
Height: 5'5
Location: Mars, United States
Joined: Mar 01, 2015
Posts: 175
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #11

Quote:

Originally posted by ShortNProud

It depends on the situation. You can't really get away with it when you argue with a drunk but a woman who makes a comment, you can just say something like "when was the last time your weight or dress size made you feel bad?" and walk away. It gives them something to think about without being a douche about it.

That is a good one to use on women. I never thought of saying something that witty haha

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
Catman
Short Prince
Height: 5'5
Location: Mars, United States
Joined: Mar 01, 2015
Posts: 175
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #12

Quote:

Originally posted by Hunter

I guess I would just be honest and say something like your words often hurt more people then you realize so maybe you should think before you speak... Which can lead to an attack about being a "*bleep*" but at least you weren't being a dick about it, right?

I wouldn't want that kind of backfire though. I would rather be considered a dick than a *bleep*. Maybe that is just me.

 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
Catman
Short Prince
Height: 5'5
Location: Mars, United States
Joined: Mar 01, 2015
Posts: 175
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #13

Quote:

Originally posted by Spider

Quote:

Originally posted by Dark Willow

If I stand up for myself, I am either going to end up in a fight or someone will end up crying lol I don't know any other way around it. When someone offends me that much, be it man or woman, I will offend them. I don't care. 

You don't want to have that "I don't care" attitude though. It gets you no where in life. You do care, if you didn't care you would have never posted this. 

 

I agree with this completely. That attitude that a lot of kids these days have gets them no where but into pointless relationships, dead end jobs, and dropping out of school. 

 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
ShortNProud
Short Prince
Height: 5'5
Location: Jersey, United States
Joined: Mar 26, 2015
Posts: 136
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #14

Quote:

Originally posted by James007

Quote:

Originally posted by ShortNProud

It depends on the situation. You can't really get away with it when you argue with a drunk but a woman who makes a comment, you can just say something like "when was the last time your weight or dress size made you feel bad?" and walk away. It gives them something to think about without being a douche about it.

I like this idea. You make a point and cause them to reconsider what they just said. 

That is the thing. Women forget how hard it is on them when they lack confidence. They need to be reminded sometimes. 

 

 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
ShortNProud
Short Prince
Height: 5'5
Location: Jersey, United States
Joined: Mar 26, 2015
Posts: 136
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #15

Quote:

Originally posted by Catman

Quote:

Originally posted by ShortNProud

It depends on the situation. You can't really get away with it when you argue with a drunk but a woman who makes a comment, you can just say something like "when was the last time your weight or dress size made you feel bad?" and walk away. It gives them something to think about without being a douche about it.

That is a good one to use on women. I never thought of saying something that witty haha

It is not to be witty but to make a point that yeah, I know I am short but what do you know about yourself that you don't like?

 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
Dez
Cadet
Height: 5'5
Location: Atlantis , United States
Joined: May 22, 2015
Posts: 95
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #16

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Dixon

Quote:

Originally posted by Dez

Honestly, in most cases people are going to take it the wrong way anyways. There is no way to avoid it so be as kind and to the point as you can be. I honestly don't care if I come off as a dick as long as I know that wasn't my intentions. 

That is the way I see it. People allow themselves to get offended. We are all in charge of our own feelings. No one can make us feel a set way without us choosing to allow it.

Yup! You are correct my brother. We need to stop worrying about how people take our words when our intentions were good.

 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
Hunter
Cadet
Height: 5'4
Location: LA, United States
Joined: Jun 07, 2015
Posts: 72
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #17

Quote:

Originally posted by Dale

Quote:

Originally posted by Hunter

I guess I would just be honest and say something like your words often hurt more people then you realize so maybe you should think before you speak... Which can lead to an attack about being a "*bleep*" but at least you weren't being a dick about it, right?

Well no one wants to be considered a *bleep* though am'I right?

Well no, no one wants to be considered one but to me, being a dick is worse. Specially when it comes to women. When women view as such, how many dates you think your are going to get?

0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Member
Mr Dixon
Short Prince
Height: 5'6
Location: Dallas, United States
Joined: Mar 13, 2015
Posts: 156
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Offline

Re: How can you stand up for yourself without being a d*** about it?
post #18

Quote:

Originally posted by Dez

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr Dixon

Quote:

Originally posted by Dez

Honestly, in most cases people are going to take it the wrong way anyways. There is no way to avoid it so be as kind and to the point as you can be. I honestly don't care if I come off as a dick as long as I know that wasn't my intentions. 

That is the way I see it. People allow themselves to get offended. We are all in charge of our own feelings. No one can make us feel a set way without us choosing to allow it.

Yup! You are correct my brother. We need to stop worrying about how people take our words when our intentions were good.

 

My father used to say that as long as what is in your heart is good, you are on the right path. 

0 0 0 0 0 0 0