rogerdat22
Short Page
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 1
Score: 3 | 1
KingCash: 11

When did you find out you were short?
post #1

I was always small through elementary and middle school, but it didn't really hit me that I was short until after I graduated college and went into the real world. While I was small, I never thought of being short as having that much of an impact on my life. When I got into the dating market and started applying for employment, I notice that I always received apprehension, unease or lack of interest as a first impression with people. A few years of that and I put two and two together.

While I have prevailed, it took me until my mid 20s to understand that I was "short" and what it meant. How about all of you?

FefePapa
Short Vassal
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 4
Score: 1 | 0
KingCash: 6

Re: When did you find out you were short?
post #2

Around the same age. 24-25. I had some broads make nasty comments about my height when out in a club with some friends. Then I made a profile on Okcupid and realized I wasn't getting many responses, but my uglier taller friends were. I did the height change test and put 5'11 on my profile to see if it would make a difference. When I started getting replies to every message I sent just about, I knew being short was a pretty big deal.

CallMeneki1
Short Cadet
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 1

post #3

18. First year of college. I was a star basketball player in high school. Entering college, no one wanted me on their team even though they knew I was good.

tumD
Short Vassal
Reactions: 2
Score: 5 | 0
KingCash: 9

post #4

I was always small so I knew it from pretty young. Maybe 2nd or 3rd grade.

TurtlePower
Short Page
Height: 5'5
KingCash: 0

post #5

Not until I went to boot camp and was bullied. I shaped up quickly though and became one of the most respected officers.

ShortyDooWop
Short Vassal
Height: 5'7
KingCash: 3

post #6

I've always known I was short. I was always smaller than the other kids in school.

That never changed lol.

groove311
Short Vassal
Height: 5'6
KingCash: 0

post #7

when i was 19. I thought i was average or about 5'9". I was measured at the doctors and they said 5'6" lol I was surprised. Then I started researching that 5'10" is the average for young lads. It can be intimidating to be 4" shorter. If you're 4" taller than the average it can attract too much attention. One friend who is 6'2" felt awkward cos he was the tallest in school.