Do you think women are more demanding of short guys in relationships?

iReflect
Short Page
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 2
Score: 3 | 1
KingCash: 18

Question
Do you think women are more demanding of short guys in relationships?
post #1

First off, I am new here. I'm a little over 5'4.

I am thinking back to my past relationship. I was with this woman for a little over a year. During that time, I paid for pretty much every date and did everything she ever asked me to. This includes paying for a baby sitter when her and I would go out, or if she had an errand to do and needed one in order to handle some of her responsibilities. I spent a lot of my time on her including handling chores around her around her apartment and even helping her with her light bill.

In retrospect, she barely did anything for me. I would go out of my way to plan her birthdays (celebrated two of hers in our time together) taking her out and giving thoughtful gifts. For me, not a thing. At times, she even seemed a bit ungrateful.

This makes me wonder if some women make shorter guys work harder to compensate for their lack of height and that those same women think that they are god's gift to you because you aren't as deserving of them as our taller counterparts. If this is true, it sucks because it might mean that a lot of shorter guys may behave the same and that those women can pick up on that. 

I am not exaggerating when I say I was really into this woman and I'd like to think she felt the same way about me, that was until she left me out to dry by leaving when she believed I had nothing else to offer her. 

ChuckChill
Short Squire
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 39
Score: 33 | 2
KingCash: 130

Re: Do you think women are more demanding of short guys in relationships?
post #2

My guy, it sounds like you got played and she picked up on your desperation.

To answer your question, in my opinion yes, but this could've been prevented on your part.

I'm not trying to clown you, but she saw a sucker and preyed on you. It could've been a tall guy too. 

Now you know from experience what to look for. If you're doing too much, chances are, she isn't into you too much.

minilinebacker
Short Knight
Height: 5'3
Reactions: 14
Score: 10 | 2
KingCash: 51

post #3

Agree with Chuck. You were swindled.

I don't know how old you are, but be weary about women who roll out the red carpet for taller guys, but then make guys like you jump through hoops. Learn to vet your partners and figure out what their regular type is. 

It might not even be a height thing, but it also could be. If you gave off the feeling that you had no other options and you put up with abhorrent treatment, then she would take advantage.

joshbaskins
Short Knight
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 33
Score: 27 | 8
KingCash: 98

post #4

Depends on the woman. For reformed heightists, absolutely yes.