Short Page
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 2
Score: 2 | 2
KingCash: 10

Height Shaming
10 years ago, the media dragged this 5'4 surgeon in search of a wife
post #1

Dr Emil Chynn | Surgeon In Search Of Wife | Heightism In Media | Daily Mail | Height And Dating | Short King | Short Kingz  Dr Emil Chynn | Surgeon In Search Of Wife | Heightism In Media | Height And Dating | Uproxx | Short King | Short Kingz

Dr Emil Chynn | Surgeon In Search Of Wife | Heightism In Media | Jezebel | Height And Dating | Short King | Short Kingz Dr Emil Chynn | Surgeon In Search Of Wife | Heightism In Media | Jezebel | Height And Dating | Short King | Short Kingz

Back in 2012-2013, Dr Emil Chynn, a Harvard trained award-winning eye surgeon worth >$10 Million, went on the show Millionaire Match Maker and subsequently went viral when an email containing his dating preferences and non-negotiables were leaked.

Of most interest to the public, were his hard requirements, most notably his insistence on a woman being a size 0-2 and Caucasian. On an episode of "New Day" on CNN, he was grilled and berated by a panel while defending his preferences and requirements. One of his responses to one of the anchors who happened to be plus-sized, was that "himself being 5'4 and 125 lbs", he knows most women wouldn't be interested due them wanting a man larger than themselves" (which is why he specified smaller), to which initially triggered, the plus-sized anchor then reluctantly nodded her head in agreement.

The video has since been removed from YouTube and CNN, but you can read the following articles from Daily Mail (here), Uproxx (here) and Jezebel (here), the former calling him "desperate", and latter referring to him as a "creep" and "douchebag".

minilinebacker
Short Knight
Height: 5'3
Reactions: 14
Score: 10 | 2
KingCash: 51

Re: 10 years ago, the media dragged this 5'4 surgeon in search of a wife
post #2

Yep. I remember this and also recall being furious at the way the media was trying to portray him after watching that CNN interview.

The big lady anchor you're referring to was Michaela Pierira. She looked so salty as she attacked him for his preferences and looked silly as he explained those preferences were shaped by social norms (which clearly she guiltily follows based on her body language).

CorporateGuy
Short Lord
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 22
Score: 2 | 0
KingCash: 48

post #3

I remember this story. What made me laugh about this is that wealthy men typically have a "list" of things they're looking for in a partner that they disclose when working with a matchmaker. I work with guys like this in corporate.

What I think made the media railroad him is not so much that he had his "insane" list as Jezebel put it, but that he's 5'4 and had that list. How dare he? "Short men aren't allowed to do that".

If he were the typical TDH media heartthrob type, this wouldn't have been a story, and if it was, they would have been not only celebrating his list, but actively promoting it and following up as well.

HeightismWatch
Short Page
Reactions: 2
Score: 2 | 2
KingCash: 10

post #4

Quote:

Originally posted by CorporateGuy

What I think made the media railroad him is not so much that he had his "insane" list as Jezebel put it, but that he's 5'4 and had that list. How dare he? "Short men aren't allowed to do that".

Great point.

joshbaskins
Short Knight
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 33
Score: 27 | 8
KingCash: 98

post #5

The author of an article in Slate Magazine was threatened with litigation over a write-up of encounter with this doctor. The article published was entitled, "My Encounter With the Creepy Craigslist Doctor" where she tried to tarnish his reputation with an insinuation.

Though, the article pre-dated the dating fiasco referenced on this thread by a few years, the write-up dragged him similarly, though with less reach than the networks.

Screenshot of the article and of one of the comments below:

My Creepy Encounter With The Craigslist Doctor | Slate Magazine | Height | Short King | Short Kingz My Encounter With The Creepy Craigslist Doctor | Slate Magazine | Comments | Height | Short King | Short Kingz

You can find the Slate article here.

AsianGod
Short Vassal
Reactions: 15
Score: 9 | 1
KingCash: 50

post #6

Dr. Emil Chynn With Fiancee | Height And Dating | Short King | Short Kingz

Well if you ask me, it looks like patience and perseverance paid off. He won in the end and got exactly what he wanted! Go Dr. Chynn!

RhettPaul
Short Lord
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 14
Score: 17 | 22
KingCash: 90

post #7

Quote:

Originally posted by AsianGod

Dr. Emil Chynn With Fiancee | Height And Dating | Short King | Short Kingz

Well if you ask me, it looks like patience and perseverance paid off. He won in the end and got exactly what he wanted! Go Dr. Chynn!

Checkmate. ♟️

MyFairLady
Short Damsel
Height: 5'2
Reactions: 7
Score: 5 | 0
KingCash: 33

post #8

I love that this distinguished and accomplished man stuck to his guns. Many women do, so I believe it is fair game. He looks really happy ten years later!

AuthenticDragon
Short Page
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 6
Score: 1 | 0
KingCash: 18

post #9

Dr. Chynn stood on his square and played the long game. 🏆