stumpyBump
Short Vassal
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 3
Score: 8 | 1
KingCash: 22

How to deal with bosses with occasional nasty attitudes
post #1

For several weeks now, my boss has been super crabby. Normally when I walk in I say hi and she says hi back. That didn't happen yesterday. Most of the time she is talkative and makes jokes with us. I'm thinking it might be personal problems or work related stress or something. The amount of work we had over last week or two has been the same however. As one of the shorter staff members, she normally takes a liking toward me. I know its work but I'm taking it personally.

I don't know whether or not to ask her. What would you do and what is your relationship with your boss? (Please no romance. I'm not talking about that kind of relationship).

Jared88
Short Page
Height: 0'0
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Re: How to deal with bosses with occasional nasty attitudes
post #2

It depends on how long she acts this way. I say wait it out another week or two, and if things are the same or getting worse, just ask her if she's okay and if anything is wrong. Maybe ask if there's anything you can do to help? I never been in the situation myself, so I can't say.

tumD
Short Vassal
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 2
Score: 5 | 0
KingCash: 9

post #3

A lot of employees take the personalities of their bosses too personal. Managers typically have a lot of job related stresses of their own of things you do not have to deal with, but they do.

Try not to take it too personal. Let them blow off their steams and ask them at a neutral time (end of the work day) if they are okay. But don't come off as intrusive.

keepsake
Short Cadet
Height: 0'0
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

post #4

Everyone has a different management style. Make it a point to never become too chummy with your bosses. If you do, you may take a lot of their personality extremes as fact thus affecting your own feelings. Remember, it's all business.