Does your partner/significant other catch flak for dating you?

itslouiebrah
Cadet
Height: 0'0
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Dating
Does your partner/significant other catch flak for dating you?
post #1

I'm just shy of 5'4 and can tell you that whenever my girlfriend's tells me often that when she discloses my height (usually when somebody asks), they are met with disbelief and then questioning ensues. My girlfriend is the same height as me. 

gymshorts
Short Squire
Height: 5'4

Re: Does your partner/significant other catch flak for dating you?
post #2

I'm 5'4" and my wife is 5'2".  She married me almost 32 years ago, and couldn't care less that I'm always the shortest guy in the crowd wherever we go.  She did NOT want to be married to a large, imposing, intimidating man so she chose me.  I was looking for a woman who would appreciate me for all my other good qualities.  Work on finding that kind of relationship.  BTW-- both our sons are in the normal height range, much to my relief.

Last Edited By gymshorts (2017-01-14 11:05:13)

bitesizedtiger
Short Cadet
Height: 5'6

post #3

Quote:

Originally posted by gymshorts

I'm 5'4" and my wife is 5'2".  She married me almost 32 years ago, and couldn't care less that I'm always the shortest guy in the crowd wherever we go.  She did NOT want to be married to a large, imposing, intimidating man so she chose me.  I was looking for a woman who would appreciate me for all my other good qualities.  Work on finding that kind of relationship.  BTW-- both our sons are in the normal height range, much to my relief.

Did you ever have the feeling that she would lose interest and fall for a taller guy at anytime during those 32 years, or did she ever throw your height in your face? 

tieinthesky
Short Cadet
Height: 5'5

post #4

I have dated women significantly taller than myself. I am ripped and jacked and am routinely complimented on my looks and body.... but when I date women taller than me they never hear the end of it.

aragorn
Cadet
Height: 0'0

post #5

As a gay man, it's never come up. My husband is much taller than I am and has 80 lbs on me. I'm very obviously much smaller than he is. Size has nothing to do with who is dominant in a relationship of equals. He's never said anything about our size differences, except that I'm a big boy in a different way, LOL. 

The one place where it makes a difference is in restaurants. They always seem to give him the bill, even though I always pay it.  The other is that we'll switch seats in the theater if a tall person is in front of me  other than that, height is a non-issue in our relationship  

gymshorts
Short Squire
Height: 5'4

post #6

To bitesizedtiger:  She never has wanted any other man but me, and has never thrown the height inadequacy issue in my face.  She's more like a tigress, and will angrily lash out at anyone who thinks it's cool to try to put me down.  I'm small, but well-built-- that's the body type she was attracted to, which really stumped me.  I figured that EVERY woman alive wanted a fullback for a husband, but in reality they don't.  We tenderly care for each other and defend each other.  She might mention, factually, that some actor is a hunk, but that's the extent of it.