Short Lord
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 22
Score: 2 | 0
KingCash: 48

Question
Why do men over 5'8 complain?
post #1

Men who are at least 5'8 are rarely the butt of short jokes and do get taken more seriously in the workplace. Aside from the infrequent "relative" short joke (more like haha, you're not 6 ft as opposed to "you're not a real man" ) and the occasional woman who is like 5'10 not being interested, men 5'8 and up have it way easier than someone say below 5'6.

To those men, I say man the hell up!

fanoffans
Cadet
Height: 0'0
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Re: Why do men over 5'8 complain?
post #2

Legit 5'8 guys who complain about being short are rare. The most common height on r/short and this site is 5'7. 

Suarez223
Short Knight
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 15
Score: 6 | 0
KingCash: 43

post #3

Quote:

Originally posted by fanoffans

Legit 5'8 guys who complain about being short are rare. The most common height on r/short and this site is 5'7. 

What do you think it is about being 5'6 and 5'7 which makes people vent the most about being short and heightism? I'm not saying that these are the heights that dominate here and r/short, but assuming that most people on both sites are 5'6-5'7, what makes them (us really as I am a part of that demographic), the most vocal?

Also, this site is way better than r/short, why is this place not more popular?

fanoffans
Cadet
Height: 0'0
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

post #4

Quote:

Originally posted by Suarez223

Quote:

What do you think it is about being 5'6 and 5'7 which makes people vent the most about being short and heightism? I'm not saying that these are the heights that dominate here and r/short, but assuming that most people on both sites are 5'6-5'7, what makes them (us really as I am a part of that demographic), the most vocal?

Also, this site is way better than r/short, why is this place not more popular?

I think it's just that 5'6-5'7 men are more common than men below that height. 5'5 is 5th percentile whereas 5'7 is 15th percentile for an American man. And 5'8-5'9 guys don't really face heightism so they aren't going to actively seek out forums like r/short or this one.

They did a poll on r/short and 5'7 was the most common height. And r/short is more popular because reddit is the #6 most popular website in the world. 

minilinebacker
Short Knight
Height: 5'3
Reactions: 14
Score: 10 | 2
KingCash: 51

post #5

I think it's just that 5'6-5'7 men are more common than men below that height. 5'5 is 5th percentile whereas 5'7 is 15th percentile for an American man. And 5'8-5'9 guys don't really face heightism so they aren't going to actively seek out forums like r/short or this one.

They did a poll on r/short and 5'7 was the most common height. And r/short is more popular because reddit is the #6 most popular website in the world. 

I think you hit it on the money here. While I don't doubt that there are probably many more men in the 5'6-5'7 range here, it seems like this group feels the sting the most in the "I almost made it" sense. 5'8 guys, especially if they are very athletic and built can come across as very masculine. I remember reading somewhere that if a 5'8 guy is like a great fighter or something, he'll barely notice heightism and most people won't mock him.

stumpyBump
Short Vassal
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 3
Score: 8 | 1
KingCash: 22

post #6

And r/short is more popular because reddit is the #6 most popular website in the world. 

Whoever does marketing on this site has to do a better job. This site is gorgeous on the eyes, more streamlined, made exclusively for short men and has pretty much everything we need here - fashion advice, a fashion portal, great motivational content, dating advice, etc.