Anyone else prefer smaller laptops? (13")

ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 22
Score: 9 | 3
KingCash: 61

Anyone else prefer smaller laptops? (13")
post #1

I was having a convo w/my friend the other day who is 6'3. He said he loves larger laptops because he has bigger hands and they feel better in his lap which to me makes sense. I've had 17" laptops in the past because they are used to be more powerful. Now that the smaller ones have caught up, I prefer smaller ones by far for the same reason. The last few laptops I had were all 13" or smaller. My most recent one being the 13" Macbook.

Do any of you prefer smaller gadgets? I know we are stereotyped for liking huge things like trucks to "overcompensate" but with me it couldn't be further from the truth!

TheDestroyer
Short Lord
Height: 5'8
Reactions: 6
Score: 5 | 2
KingCash: 34

Re: Anyone else prefer smaller laptops? (13")
post #2

For the line of work I do, I need 15" laptops. I edit a lot of video so 13" won't do.The new Macbooks with retina displays do have higher screen resolutions, but the physical size of the screen makes viewing a little uncomfortable in my opinion.

stumpyBump
Short Vassal
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 3
Score: 9 | 1
KingCash: 24

post #3

I just bought a Chromebook. It's about 11 inches. Great stuff.

lilchris
Short Cadet
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

post #4

Personally I hate laptops altogether. I only use my mobile phone or desktop PC!!! Funny you should say about small guys liking big gadgets tho. My grandfather was 5'5 and a bit "small man syndrome" as they call it. He always had big gadgets and hobbies to make himself look bigger.

Last Edited By lilchris (2014-11-21 04:29:48)

minilinebacker
Short Knight
Height: 5'3
Reactions: 14
Score: 10 | 2
KingCash: 53

post #5

> lilchris wrote: >

Personally I hate laptops altogether. I only use my mobile phone or desktop PC!!! Funny you should say about small guys liking big gadgets tho. My grandfather was 5'5 and a bit "small man syndrome" as they call it. He always had big gadgets and hobbies to make himself look bigger.

He probably just liked big gadgets. Doesn't mean he had a syndrome.