hardshortworker
Short Squire
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 6
Score: 2 | 2
KingCash: 10

I will never lend somebody money again
post #1

There is this guy who lives in my neighborhood. Let's call him Todd. Todd is about six feet tall and recently lost his job. He was in a desperate situation and had to ask for loan to pay for rent for his place otherwise he would lose it. I lent him $1600 under the condition that he would pay it back when he got a job. Fast forward to a month later when he was hired doing web development and I needed him to pay his money back. He basically laughed it off like I was insignificant and I think he isn't going to pay me back because he thinks that I'm some little schmuck.

Has your size deterred you from doing thinngs like lending money? I don't think I'll lend anyone money for that reason at least partially. 

Last Edited By hardshortworker (2014-10-04 17:37:40)

TheDestroyer
Short Lord
Height: 5'8
Score: 5 | 2
KingCash: 34

Re: I will never lend somebody money again
post #2

I am built and have a very intimidating face (so I've been told), so this is a problem I've never had. I'm the guy that most people will settle a score with diplomatically before things will escalate even though I am on the short side.

ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 22
Score: 9 | 3
KingCash: 61

post #3

Lending anybody money is a ticket to problems. I kind of know what you mean. Sometimes people think because I'm on the small side, they can take advantage of me. That's why I never lend money ever. Doesn't matter if the person is small, tall or a woman. I have myself to worry about dude. I advise YOU not to lend anyone anything. Give to a charity.

Suarez223
Short Knight
Reactions: 16
Score: 6 | 0
KingCash: 45

post #4

Rule #1 - Never lend anyone money. I only give money if I don't expect it back. Never ever lend. When it's time to pay you back they wait. When it's time to pay up, they want i it NOW.

ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 22
Score: 9 | 3
KingCash: 61

post #5

If you can't afford it or are emotionally invested in it, don't do it. This applies to lending also.

SullyOs
Short Damsel
Height: 5'3
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

post #6

I never lend money to anyone period. Even family. I had one bad experience and was never repaid in full... and it took MONTHS. Never again.

I would only lend money to a guy I am in a relationship with. It's not lending then is it? Relationships are 50/50.

Last Edited By SullyOs (2014-10-05 01:50:00)

R2D2
Short Page
Height: 5'4

post #7

You learned a valuable lesson. $1600 is a lot of money. It looks like he had no intention of paying you back.

hardshortworker
Short Squire
Score: 2 | 2
KingCash: 10

post #8

This was bad judgement on my part. Like I said, I will never lend anyone money again. It's not so much that he didn't pay it back, but more his attitude of not paying it back. It's almost like I wasn't acknowledged or was brushed off. Anyway, it's not worth going to court or jail for getting physical.

SullyOs
Short Damsel
Height: 5'3

post #9

Next time tell them to go to a bank for a loan!