Short man discusses dating struggles and success with tall friend.

jacksplat
Short Vassal
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 36
Score: 7 | 4
KingCash: 50

Dating
Short man discusses dating struggles and success with tall friend.
post #1

Great conversation about how social settings matter.

ahimsa42
Short Knight
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 97

Re: Short man discusses dating struggles and success with tall friend.
post #2

"what has been the biggest challenge & struggle dating as a short man in the US?"

the answer is that the vast majority of women greater prefer tall men to short men & that women compare a mans height to other men instead of their own.  for example, i saw a recent study which showed that at my height of 5'6, 75% of women will reject a man based on his lack of height alone.  

ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 44
Score: 10 | 3
KingCash: 62

Re: Short man discusses dating struggles and success with tall friend.
post #3

Quote:

Originally posted by ahimsa42

"what has been the biggest challenge & struggle dating as a short man in the US?"

the answer is that the vast majority of women greater prefer tall men to short men & that women compare a mans height to other men instead of their own.  for example, i saw a recent study which showed that at my height of 5'6, 75% of women will reject a man based on his lack of height alone.  

My dating life is and always has been fantastic. Yes I was rejected a lot, but so were my taller friends. Yes, my taller friends had more success, but not all or even most of them. The ones who were ultra-successful might be what would be defined as a "Giga-Chad" today.

What stands out then with the stat you claimed you saw was the "25%" success rate. That is actually a lot higher than I thought it would be based on all of the rhetoric I read online. 25% is a large number.

The amount of men who are 6' in the US stands at around 13-14%. This means that women who are height queens would have to compete for just 14% of men. That percentage would drop when you take out those men who are married, not hetero, their looks, careers, financial situation into consideration.

But 25%? I must've been swimming in that pool of 25% when I was actively dating to have fun. Thats 1 in 4.