WELCOME TO THE SHORT KINGZ COMMUNITY

Forum For Short Guys: ShortGuyCentral Community | ShortGuyCentralThe first and largest community dedicated to discussing the experiences of shorter men!
Discuss anything in our forums — Dating Women, Fashion, Heightism & More!
Buy, Sell & Trade Clothes, Fashion and Accessories in our Marketplace.

Marketplace Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade
COMMUNITY FORUM REPLIES VIEWS
LAST POST
2 1,908
Wed Apr 16, 2014 07:01 PM
How to overcome mental blocks

As short men, it is imperative that all other aspects of our attractiveness are maximized for us to have a chance. After realizing this, I have started to step up my fitness, style, hair, and complexion game. But there is still a lingering thought in the back of my head that's telling me, "Even if you put in all the work in the world, you will still not compare to a man who is 6 feet or taller, so you should pretty much just give up" I realize that this is somewhat irrational, but at the same time it isn't. Does anyone else suffer from this kind of thinking?

1 1,837
Wed Apr 16, 2014 07:00 PM
A real benefit of being short

I think one of the only real benefits of being short aesthetics-wise is that shorter bodies are better for bodybuilding. Short guys can get shredded easier than taller guys without the aid of gear. That's why I think EVERY short man needs to get out to the gym and become as ripped as they can. Don't kid yourself, it's not going to completely close the distance between you and other taller men, but it will help.

0 1,914
Wed Apr 16, 2014 06:29 PM
How To Post YouTube Videos.

To post YouTube videos on this forum, you will need to click on the SOURCE icon on the leftmost side of the posting area. Once there, you should format your YouTube video URL as follows:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lQAFvHu98WY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>”

Then, click again on the SOURCE button and continue writing your post. It is important to note that you will need to change the "WATCH" in the standard URL to "EMBED" and also get rid of the HTTP in the link.

Thanks,

AtEyeLevel Admin

2 2,010
Wed Apr 16, 2014 05:51 PM
What are odds of winning a fight like this one?

Little Man Fights Big Man

What are the odds of a short guy like myself (5'5) winning a fight like this? Have any of you ever fought a man much larger than yourself and won? What was your strategy? I am taking up Jiu Jitsu now and will soon have to fight much bigger guys as I am the shortest guy in my class. 

0 3,215
Wed Apr 16, 2014 05:46 PM
Bespoke shoes by Riccardo "Freccia" Bestetti

This guy is the truth if you're looking for bespoke shoes (customized). If you're looking to be on your A game for shoes, you need to get in contact with this guy. Like, if you can't find great shoes in your size, this is the guy to know. 

There is a thread over in StyleForum that talks about this guy in Amsterdamn. His prices are actually affordable: 

2 1,955
Wed Apr 16, 2014 05:19 PM
Bruno Mars is the best short songwriter/entertainer since Billy Joel

Need I say more? I didn't think he was 5'4 until I checked out the Gallery here. 

Bruno Mars At The Superbowl

1 1,957
Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:29 PM
Less than 3% of CEOs are under 5'8. Who are they?

According the Wikipedia's entry on Height Discrimination, only a few CEOs are under 5'8 (not surprisingly). Who are they? I know the CEO of Goldman Sachs like about 5'4 or something (there is even a post here that talks about that). 

Wikipedia - Height Discrimination

3 4,792
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:00 AM
Best cars for short guys?

To all of the guys out there, I'm 5'6 and live in New York City. What cars do you suggest as being best for a guy my size? I've checked out a load of cars in the last month or so. I know the stereotype is that short guys drive big cars to overcompensate, but the last thing I'd ever want to drive is a huge car. Add to that, living in the city, space is premium, so if I bought a big car, I'd probably never get parking!

The criterea of a car for me would be $28,000 or less, preferably roomy enough for my size, but compact enough to fit anywhere. Power seats are a must, leather interior when all possible. I would rather drive a coupe, but if you really recommend a sedan and can tell why, then I will consider it.

Some of the cars I've checked out were the Nissam Altima coupe ($10K or less used), the Honda Civic EX-L, the Acura RSX (they don't make it anymore, but some of the later models look great and do have a leather interior). There is also the Volkswagen Golf, Volkswagen Jetta (they don't make it in a Coupe, boooo), and then some of the older BMW coupes which are really nice, but I am afraid of maintanance costs.

Any of you guys have any suggestions? What would you recommend and why? I'd prefer a late model, but not necessarily new (2007+)

0 1,893
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:57 AM
Sunny D leaving that mark

Saw this site on Reddit so now I'm here. Thanks for creating this place.

1 1,708
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:56 AM
Any of you have taller gym buddies and do similar workouts?

I ask this because being a smaller guy myself, I've managed to put on the same amount of muscle and look more brolic than my gym buddy who is about 6'2. We've both been working out for nearly a year and I look more like I've worked out than he does. 

0 1,667
Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 AM
Probably the flyest short guy you'll ever meet

The name is James. I'm from Queens NY. 22, 5'7 and wear nothing but suits, fly kicks and work in IT. I make plenty of $ and taller guys can't figure out why I keep taking their women.

0 1,563
Wed Apr 16, 2014 08:57 AM
by R2D2
ShorterBloggess does a Blog on an ABC Video about Heightism

Check it out

http://stopheightism.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/high-heels-are-never-answer.html

1 1,961
Sun Apr 13, 2014 08:12 PM
Dating a woman who is 3 inches taller...

I recently was asked out by a woman who is 5'10. Her height doesn't bother me. She says she thought I was cute and so I gave it a go. I don't like that she doesn't want to wear heels so we can "look right". What is the point of asking me out if you aren't confident enough to be out in public with me as you are? It isn't my style to change a woman, so why does she need to conform? 

Just wanted to vent. 

3 2,225
Sun Apr 13, 2014 07:53 PM
Dating is all about style folks...

I'm 27 and 5'7. I am never short on dates (pun intended). The key is being confident in one self and not letting anything get to you. If someone doesn't want to talk to you because of your height, let them go. It will suck being turned down for your height, but it really is their loss. Confidence doesn't get rid of heightism, but allowing yourself to be in control of your own emotions is one way to defeat it from within. And don't be afraid to speak your mind either. 

1 2,425
Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 AM
Academic thesis on heightism

https://etd.ohiolink.edu/ap/0?0:APPLICATION_PROCESS%3DDOWNLOAD_ETD_SUB_DOC_ACCNUM:::F1501_ID:bgsu1219422665%2Cinline

Thought I would put this here while I remember. Geoffrey Arnold just linked to it on reddit and I hadn't seen it or anything like it before.Possibly he may be along to give some background on it and its author. I haven't read it as yet myself. Hopefully this thread will remind me to do so.

Started by guitarhero
0 1,609
Sun Apr 06, 2014 07:11 AM
First.

Hope to have many cool conversations about everything on this site! I know this isn't the Introductions forum, but I'm very excited about this place! Congrats the owners or webmasters who came up with this radical idea!

FEEDBACK FORUM : SUGGESTION AND CRITICISM

Forum Permissions