Short Lord
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 14336
Score: 21 | 9
KingCash: 104

Height Comparison
6'3 Donald Trump vs 5'8 Ron DeSantis
post #1

6'3 Trump vs 5'8 Ron DeSantis | Height And Politics | Short Guys | Short King | Short Kingz

Trump is well documented as 6'3, but Ron DeSantis is also documented as wearing special lift boots. DeSantis gets listed as anywhere from 5'8 to 5'10.

This New York Times photo from this Time article here has DeSantis standing awkwardly with what looks like custom Chelsea boots. 

What do you guys think? Is DeSantis the 5'11 he claims or shorter?

Photo Credit: Doug Mills/New York Times

OverTheEdge
Short Squire
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 176
Score: 9 | 3
KingCash: 61

Re: 6'3 Donald Trump vs 5'8 Ron DeSantis
post #2

I'd say Ron DeSantis is no taller than 5'9 at best. The shortest republican candidate in recent times was John McCain (5'8) and he got a pass because of his service and being a prisoner of war (in my opinion).

Any republican before and after from at least the time of Kennedy would get trashed in the press over their height and DeSantis is no exception. 

ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 44
Score: 10 | 3
KingCash: 62

post #3

Quote:

Originally posted by OverTheEdge

I'd say Ron DeSantis is no taller than 5'9 at best. The shortest republican candidate in recent times was John McCain (5'8) and he got a pass because of his service and being a prisoner of war (in my opinion).

Any republican before and after from at least the time of Kennedy would get trashed in the press over their height and DeSantis is no exception. 

I used to think Ron was much taller, but I'd say 5'8 or 5'9 is most likely correct. Ron has been around and knows 5'8 is considered to be 5'0 presidential politics. Just four years earlier, they were insulting Marco Rubio (remember "Little Marco"?) and Rand Paul for being 5'8, so DeSantis was trying to distance himself from that as much as possible.

The thing is, DeSantis, while I don't agree with most of his politics, had no need to do that as his credentials (ex-navy seal, etc.) stood of from themselves. In facts, he was one of the few candidates with a war background and combat experience, something he could've used to his advantage over the likes of Ramaswamy. 

MrMclean
Short Page
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 9
Score: 6 | 0
KingCash: 31

post #4

I always thought Ron DeSantis was a solid 5'10. There was an episode of Valuetainment where Patrick Bet David teases him about his boots and invites him to try a pair of brand new expensive flat shoes on the air. Of course DeSantis refuses and claims that "he doesn't accept gifts". This makes me also believe that he's 5'9 or a little bit less.