Short Page
Height: 5'4
Reactions: 2
Score: 3 | 1
KingCash: 18

Reality
6'4 therapist reflects on late growth spurt and how he was treated
post #1

Very insightful video from a level-headed tall guy who didn't let his ego cloud his judgment on the how and why about the way people treated him changed after he grew taller so late in adolescence. 

jacksplat
Short Vassal
Height: 5'6
Reactions: 9
Score: 5 | 4
KingCash: 45

Re: 6'4 therapist reflects on late growth spurt and how he was treated
post #2

Really hits home with that question I used to ask myself a lot when I was younger: "What if I got taller"?

You end up thinking to yourself, "What I be the same person I am today", "Would my ego have gotten the best of me and quickly forget that I was once the height I was", "Would I have been more successful quickly with X because the barrier to entry has been removed"?

Then there's dating. Women that I were interested who turned me down for being a short lad, would I have had success with them (or was it just an excuse)? Would I have found love earlier, married earlier? People who tried me when I was very young, would they have had second thoughts and went to attempt to bully someone else? Those are all apart of the unknown.

People who I've shared these thoughts with or had conversations about hypothetical with, usually people very close to me all come to the same conclusion. They say, "no, everything would be the same, it's about your character".

Yeah right. This guy here in living proof that it's not all in our head and being a short guy vs a tall guy are like living in two separate worlds. You have to hand it to this therapist for sharing his thoughts about this and being brutally honest. Thanks for sharing.