Short Knight
Height: 5'5
Reactions: 0
Score: 0 | 0
KingCash: 0

Heightism
My friend lost his job because of his height
post #1

Long story short, he was a stocker and driver. They said they let him go because of cut backs back in March, well today he went up there to drop of his friends keys (he left them at his house last night) and they had 3 new people there, all much taller than him. We both believe he was let go because of his height. Almost everyone (aside from a manager and a few women) that work there are over 5'10. Thoughts?

ThatFlyShortGuy
Short Baron
Height: 5'7
Reactions: 22
Score: 9 | 3
KingCash: 61

Re: My friend lost his job because of his height
post #2

Calling BS on this one. How tall was he and how do you know it wasn't because of poor performance?

GoKnicks
Short Knight
Height: 5'7

post #3

I don't see this being a height issue. They could have had to cut people back for a few months and decided to let poor workers go this way. A lot of companies do this. 

SharkApple
Short Dame
Height: 5'1

post #4

I agree about this being about work and not height. Your friend likely took it the wrong way after seeing tall guys working there where he used to. Places don't do this often unless height is actually required. 

Spider
Short Knight
Height: 5'6

post #5

Have you spoke about this since? I think he may have just assumed the worst because of his own insecurities. 

Hunter
Short Squire
Height: 5'4

post #6

Your friend likely lost his job because he is a push over. Height don't effect work force, only the mind does that and he sounds like he is a self pitty dude. No offense. 

ShortChops
Short Cadette
Height: 5'2

post #7

Quote:

Originally posted by Hunter

Your friend likely lost his job because he is a push over. Height don't effect work force, only the mind does that and he sounds like he is a self pitty dude. No offense. 

What??? The problem is you're not considering heightism. Someone can crack height jokes all day in the workplace. If a short chap were to go to HR complaining about, they'd probably laugh the case out of their office. If a guy were to crack jokes on my weight, we could get him fired instantly. There is no comparison. So I'd bet someone can fire someone with no impunity with height as the reason, especially in a labor job. Only Michigan has height discrimination laws. 

Dark Willow
Short Knight

post #8

I completely forgot about this thread! Thanks for the replies. We found out that he was let for with others for the same reason, and it wasn't height. They were accused of stealing. He got a letter appologizing about it because they found the workers who were stealing. They were willing to take him back but he said no way because they accused him and didn't even give him a legit reason why they let him go until just last week.

Catman
Short Knight

post #9

Well see, now that makes sense and he was fired over something he shouldn't have been but still, not because of his height.