WELCOME TO THE SHORT KINGZ COMMUNITY

Forum For Short Guys: ShortGuyCentral Community | ShortGuyCentralThe first and largest community dedicated to discussing the experiences of shorter men!
Discuss anything in our forums — Dating Women, Fashion, Heightism & More!
Buy, Sell & Trade Clothes, Fashion and Accessories in our Marketplace.

Marketplace Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade
COMMUNITY FORUM REPLIES VIEWS
LAST POST
2 1,585
Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:36 AM
Anyone here play sports?

So, does anyone here get into playing any sports? Say basketball? Football? Hockey? etc. I used to play Football in high school and college, but I got a serious knee injury that caused me to quit. Does anyone here get into any sports? If so, what do you like to play best?

3 2,010
Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:34 AM
Colleges that interest you?

What are some colleges that interest you? What are on your list of possible schools to attend? I know I want to attend Full Sail, just to do something in the film industry, that'd be a lot of fun. Anyways, I also have my eye on Devry university, for much of the same reason. What about you?

3 2,027
Sun Apr 20, 2014 03:28 AM
What is your height and what size jeans do you wear?

I am 5'7. Depending on which store I go to, some places I can pull off a 32 inseam. The manager at this store told me that he was 5'9 and even though I was two inches shorter than him, I could pull off a 32. I bought it and it fit perfectly. But other places, I  have to buy a 30. I was wondering what your height is and what size jeans work best for you. 

Maybe we could come up with a chart or something.

2 1,552
Sat Apr 19, 2014 06:08 PM
Hard finding clothes?

Does anyone have a hard time finding any clothes? I always have problems with jeans, but I usually just hem them, which I hate doing, but hey, it has to be done. But finding shirts that aren't too long is kind of hard for me. I could tuck my shirt's in more often, but I hate tucking my shirt in. Anyways, do you have any hard times finding clothes? Discuss! 

1 1,709
Sat Apr 19, 2014 06:05 PM
Want to file a complaint with HR because of constant height jokes

I work for a small printing firm in New Jersey. About two months after I got hired, one of my female colleagues started making fun of me for my height. I let this persist for roughly two months. I didn't want to say anything about it because I didn't want to be labeled as that "angry short guy". 

After those two months, I began making fun of her because of her weight. After just a few jokes, I was written up. When I was called into the office and explained what happened, I was furhter repremanded. They wouldn't hear anything about me being made fun of for my height and said that making fun of someone for their height is miles away from making fun of someone for her weight. I could not believe this.

I am not sure what my next step should be. If I should let it go, or file a complaint with HR or head office. 

1 1,726
Sat Apr 19, 2014 05:47 PM
I like AtEyeLevel!

New to the site and unlike most from what I saw, I did not discover it through reddit. Somebody slammed this site on PUA hate! The site is looking nice! 

Started by Sammy JK
3 1,858
Sat Apr 19, 2014 04:58 PM
Your weekends

What do your weekends consist of? I usually am online talking to friends, enjoying a good movie or spending some time with family & friends. I don't do a whole lot else as the weekend is my time to rest up, take a break and have fun. Get to talking everyone. :D

2 2,025
Sat Apr 19, 2014 02:35 PM
Can one actually get taller?

I'm 5'2'' and I have high doubts that it's possible to actually get taller. Is it even possible? Is there actual surgery or vitamins/supplements that can actually help me get taller in some way? I'm just very skeptical to be honest with you all. 

1 1,506
Fri Apr 18, 2014 07:42 PM
I don't need to workout a lot

When it comes to being pretty short these days, I feel I don't need to workout a lot. I know it's a good idea to workout, even if I'm skinny and fit, but I don't feel like there's really a point. I eat healthy, and I am often out and about. Do some of you short fellas feel that workout is sometimes pointless? I weight 120lbs and I feel like it's pointless sometimes. What do you think?

Started by Brem
1 1,480
Fri Apr 18, 2014 07:21 PM
by Carl
Dating sites

Does anyone here use dating sites? I have tried using OkCupid and POF, but I can't say I've really met too many women this way. I've tried many times to get a date set up with some girls, but they always say they'r busy or can't make it for some reason. Has anyone here had any success? I'm thinking about just giving up on the whole dating site scene. 

1 1,699
Fri Apr 18, 2014 07:20 PM
by Carl
Thinking of dropping out

So, I've only gone to college for two semester, starting this fall, and I've figured I would be in major debt if I were to go the full four years. I stayed in the dorms this year, but I probably would have moved back home for the next year. For some reason, I just feel like it's too much work. I couldn't get into it like most people could. Plus I have some ideas on businesses to start soon, so I'm going to give that a shot very soon. 

2 1,692
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:08 PM
Dos and Don'ts for fashion for short men?

I'm familiar with the basics--wear vertical lines, keep everything fitted and slim. Anything else anyone wants to contribute?

4 4,386
Wed Apr 16, 2014 07:06 PM
Getting cut off mid sentence during meetings

I've noticed that during meetings at my company I frequently get cut off mid sentence when sharing ideas or giving input, where as my taller colleagues are given room to express themselves. I also noticed that some of my shorter collegues tend to use their hands and a lot of body language while talking.

My way around this is to continue talking even when there is an attempt to cut me off mid sentence. How do you all deal with this?

2 1,900
Wed Apr 16, 2014 07:01 PM
How to overcome mental blocks

As short men, it is imperative that all other aspects of our attractiveness are maximized for us to have a chance. After realizing this, I have started to step up my fitness, style, hair, and complexion game. But there is still a lingering thought in the back of my head that's telling me, "Even if you put in all the work in the world, you will still not compare to a man who is 6 feet or taller, so you should pretty much just give up" I realize that this is somewhat irrational, but at the same time it isn't. Does anyone else suffer from this kind of thinking?

1 1,832
Wed Apr 16, 2014 07:00 PM
A real benefit of being short

I think one of the only real benefits of being short aesthetics-wise is that shorter bodies are better for bodybuilding. Short guys can get shredded easier than taller guys without the aid of gear. That's why I think EVERY short man needs to get out to the gym and become as ripped as they can. Don't kid yourself, it's not going to completely close the distance between you and other taller men, but it will help.

0 1,909
Wed Apr 16, 2014 06:29 PM
How To Post YouTube Videos.

To post YouTube videos on this forum, you will need to click on the SOURCE icon on the leftmost side of the posting area. Once there, you should format your YouTube video URL as follows:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lQAFvHu98WY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>”

Then, click again on the SOURCE button and continue writing your post. It is important to note that you will need to change the "WATCH" in the standard URL to "EMBED" and also get rid of the HTTP in the link.

Thanks,

AtEyeLevel Admin

FEEDBACK FORUM : SUGGESTION AND CRITICISM

Forum Permissions