WELCOME TO THE SHORT KINGZ COMMUNITY

Forum For Short Guys: ShortGuyCentral Community | ShortGuyCentralThe first and largest community dedicated to discussing the experiences of shorter men!
Discuss anything in our forums — Dating Women, Fashion, Heightism & More!
Buy, Sell & Trade Clothes, Fashion and Accessories in our Marketplace.

Marketplace Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade
COMMUNITY FORUM REPLIES VIEWS
LAST POST
Could you date a really tall woman?

Could you date a really tall woman? Say this woman is around 6'4'' or something like that, and say you're my height, 5'3''. Could you date said woman? Or would it be too hard? Also, do you think a woman at that height would ever date a man that height? I don't think height matters all that much, but sometimes people can a bit picky these days. 

6 2,615
Sun May 04, 2014 09:16 PM
File/Pic Uploads

File and Pic uploads have been added. You can add pics to your posts by clicking on "File Upload" when posting. For this to work, you have to click on "Post Reply". The feature will not work when using "Quick Reply".

0 2,066
Sat May 03, 2014 06:08 AM
Disrespectful bosses who lie

Can any explain to me how to proceed in improving a work relationship with a boss who constantly disrespects you and gives no feedback on job performance. I have a big feeling this has to do with be being 5'5 because I don't see this kind of behavior with other employees

1) He gives assignments but never gives me pointers or guides me when I ask how to best complete a task. He just looks for updates in bi-weekly meetings

2) He sometimes will assign my work to another employee without telling me. I may be in the middle of completing something just to find out my work was a futile attempt.

3) When he sees I am frustrated he tells me how great of an employee I am and how the store would be a mess if I left

4) Several colleagues received raises a few months ago and rarely work as hard as I do. When I asked him about a raise he said to be patient. This while several new employees were hired, a game room was built in the back offices and our kitchen received an upgrade

I am maintaining a good disposition throughout this and am documenting everything on my laptop. I would like to transfer to another store but my company isn't having this. How do I get through to a boss who is behaving like a coward and is showing outright disrespect. 

2 1,583
Wed Apr 30, 2014 01:32 AM
Your best recommendation for dress shoes?

I tend to shop at JC Penny's and Macy's for shoes, but can never find the right style. Plus, I often cannot find shoes in my size. I am looking for something modern and trendy. I'm only 28, so don't want to look like a grandad in dress shoes (no penny loafers please!)

2 1,886
Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:58 PM
What kind of job do you have?

What kind of job's do ya'll have? I work online, doing freelance work, nothing impressive on my end, I just mostly write for blogs and so on. I've considered getting an actual job, but I haven't bothered since my anxieties have kind of overtake me sometimes. But I want to find other work online, since it's much more easier to handle I think. 

4 2,707
Sun Apr 20, 2014 03:20 PM
Anyone here play sports?

So, does anyone here get into playing any sports? Say basketball? Football? Hockey? etc. I used to play Football in high school and college, but I got a serious knee injury that caused me to quit. Does anyone here get into any sports? If so, what do you like to play best?

2 1,624
Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:36 AM
Colleges that interest you?

What are some colleges that interest you? What are on your list of possible schools to attend? I know I want to attend Full Sail, just to do something in the film industry, that'd be a lot of fun. Anyways, I also have my eye on Devry university, for much of the same reason. What about you?

3 2,064
Sun Apr 20, 2014 07:34 AM
What is your height and what size jeans do you wear?

I am 5'7. Depending on which store I go to, some places I can pull off a 32 inseam. The manager at this store told me that he was 5'9 and even though I was two inches shorter than him, I could pull off a 32. I bought it and it fit perfectly. But other places, I  have to buy a 30. I was wondering what your height is and what size jeans work best for you. 

Maybe we could come up with a chart or something.

3 2,096
Sun Apr 20, 2014 03:28 AM
Hard finding clothes?

Does anyone have a hard time finding any clothes? I always have problems with jeans, but I usually just hem them, which I hate doing, but hey, it has to be done. But finding shirts that aren't too long is kind of hard for me. I could tuck my shirt's in more often, but I hate tucking my shirt in. Anyways, do you have any hard times finding clothes? Discuss! 

2 1,622
Sat Apr 19, 2014 06:08 PM
Want to file a complaint with HR because of constant height jokes

I work for a small printing firm in New Jersey. About two months after I got hired, one of my female colleagues started making fun of me for my height. I let this persist for roughly two months. I didn't want to say anything about it because I didn't want to be labeled as that "angry short guy". 

After those two months, I began making fun of her because of her weight. After just a few jokes, I was written up. When I was called into the office and explained what happened, I was furhter repremanded. They wouldn't hear anything about me being made fun of for my height and said that making fun of someone for their height is miles away from making fun of someone for her weight. I could not believe this.

I am not sure what my next step should be. If I should let it go, or file a complaint with HR or head office. 

1 1,742
Sat Apr 19, 2014 06:05 PM
I like AtEyeLevel!

New to the site and unlike most from what I saw, I did not discover it through reddit. Somebody slammed this site on PUA hate! The site is looking nice! 

1 1,798
Sat Apr 19, 2014 05:47 PM
Started by Sammy JK
Your weekends

What do your weekends consist of? I usually am online talking to friends, enjoying a good movie or spending some time with family & friends. I don't do a whole lot else as the weekend is my time to rest up, take a break and have fun. Get to talking everyone. :D

3 1,913
Sat Apr 19, 2014 04:58 PM
Can one actually get taller?

I'm 5'2'' and I have high doubts that it's possible to actually get taller. Is it even possible? Is there actual surgery or vitamins/supplements that can actually help me get taller in some way? I'm just very skeptical to be honest with you all. 

2 2,083
Sat Apr 19, 2014 02:35 PM
I don't need to workout a lot

When it comes to being pretty short these days, I feel I don't need to workout a lot. I know it's a good idea to workout, even if I'm skinny and fit, but I don't feel like there's really a point. I eat healthy, and I am often out and about. Do some of you short fellas feel that workout is sometimes pointless? I weight 120lbs and I feel like it's pointless sometimes. What do you think?

1 1,576
Fri Apr 18, 2014 07:42 PM
Started by Brem
Dating sites

Does anyone here use dating sites? I have tried using OkCupid and POF, but I can't say I've really met too many women this way. I've tried many times to get a date set up with some girls, but they always say they'r busy or can't make it for some reason. Has anyone here had any success? I'm thinking about just giving up on the whole dating site scene. 

1 1,530
Fri Apr 18, 2014 07:21 PM
by Carl
Thinking of dropping out

So, I've only gone to college for two semester, starting this fall, and I've figured I would be in major debt if I were to go the full four years. I stayed in the dorms this year, but I probably would have moved back home for the next year. For some reason, I just feel like it's too much work. I couldn't get into it like most people could. Plus I have some ideas on businesses to start soon, so I'm going to give that a shot very soon. 

1 1,774
Fri Apr 18, 2014 07:20 PM
by Carl
FEEDBACK FORUM : SUGGESTION AND CRITICISM

Forum Permissions