WELCOME TO THE SHORT KINGZ COMMUNITY

Forum For Short Guys: ShortGuyCentral Community | ShortGuyCentralThe first and largest community dedicated to discussing the experiences of shorter men!
Discuss anything in our forums — Dating Women, Fashion, Heightism & More!
Buy, Sell & Trade Clothes, Fashion and Accessories in our Marketplace.

Marketplace Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade
COMMUNITY FORUM REPLIES VIEWS
LAST POST
0 1,557
Sun Sep 28, 2014 04:18 PM
I date nothing but short guys

I was a lurker and decided to sign up today. I'm a 5'6 female and only date short guys. Just wanted to let you all know we are out here. If it helps, most of the short guys I know do better with women than the tall guys. angelheart

1 1,627
Sun Sep 28, 2014 04:00 PM
Anyone swole up?

I managed to put on 20 lbs of solid muscle this summer through constant eating and power lifting. Constant eating of healthy foods of course. Since putting on the weight, I've gotten a lot of compliments. How many of you work out and what are your goals?

4 3,853
Sat Sep 27, 2014 09:26 AM
Any success on Tinder?

Any of you using Tinder? I see plenty of profiles where women say to swipe left if you are under 6', but even at my age, I am having a lot of success using it. What are your experiences?

3 1,912
Sat Sep 27, 2014 09:25 AM
Ever won a fight against a guy taller than you?

I don't mean like boxing, but like an actual street or bar fight. Say you were being disrespected and needed to defend yourself if it went there. What strategies were useful to win that kind of a fight? I'm obviously short and dislike when people get in my personal space because they feel like I won't do anything back. Share your story. 

2 1,580
Wed Sep 24, 2014 03:56 AM
Best part about being short

Went to a concert today and was able to move in and out of large crowds pretty quickly. I saw a few taller guys trying to do the same thing and they couldn't. 

0 1,405
Tue Sep 23, 2014 09:23 PM
short and proud

I'm new here and found this place through reddit. I am one of the few who doesn't give a rat's bottom about being short and am proud of who I am. I've been playing guitar since I was a teenager. I am 29 now. I am really freaking good at it too. I play lead guitar in an adult contemporary band and when I do shows I literally have women waiting for me after my shows and guys asking me to show them how to play some riffs. I don't like r/short becuase there are too many negative pitty party Nancys on there constantly down on themselves for being a short stuff.

Look I'm only 5'5. I make $100K at my day job and play some clubs at nights just for my own enjoyment and I get paid for it too. The key to being happy is to be really really good at something. People will pay less attention to you being shorter than average and more onto whatever it is you are really good at. In my case that's the guitar and my job!

Stop caring about what people think and live life for you!

3 2,117
Mon Sep 22, 2014 05:03 AM
Disrespect from colleagues

I am project manager at my company. I am not a manager outright, but am the one in charge of setting up and overseeing projects. I report to my supervisor. Because I am small, I have to deal with colleagues pretending they didn't hear me, ignoring some of my orders and sometimes backtalk. I notice taller project managers do not deal with this near as much.

I am not a jerk by nature, but feel as I have to be sometimes and I know this has a lot to do with my height. How does one deal with this effectively without having to constantly whine to their supervisor? I am afraid doing so will make me look weak and affect my performance reviews. The point is making colleagues respect you and your title. 

1 1,666
Sun Sep 21, 2014 08:50 PM
What is the best compliment you've ever received?

I was walking down my block today and had on a sports coat with jeans and oxfords. I just received a haircut earlier during the day and was walkign down my block. A woman walked up to me (8/10) and called me adorable. We ended up chatting and exchanged numbers. What is the best compliment you ever received? 

1 1,713
Sun Sep 21, 2014 08:38 PM
Just dumped my girlfriend of a year

My now ex made no effort to tone down her heightist beliefs though she constantly reassured me that my height was never a problem for her (she approached me). She has a kid who is now 8 and makes it a point to make sure he plays sports, eats a lot and keeps active so he can grow to be taller than his father and me. She swears up and down that because she has taller brothers that her son will end up tall, but it is pretty clear that he will not be that IMO. He is at the bottom of the growth curve for his age. 

She made it a point to tease me in front of her friends and family whenever her son was around telling them that she didn't want her son to grow up to a pathetic height. I bought for months the idea that these were just jokes until I hung out with her and a few of her friends and they all boasted about only dating short guys if they were paid (I make good money) or if they gave them amazing sex (which we have), but that if a taller guy came along they would ditch. In laymans terms, she was always searching for better. We ended up having an argument and I dumped her, blocked her number and contact with her on all social media websites. She texts me several times a day saying she is sorry and didn't mean it.

Sorry for the rant, but wanted to get this off of my chest. 

0 1,637
Sun Sep 21, 2014 08:32 PM
4chan has a new short guy sub

It's called /manlet/ - https://8chan.co/manlet/

Pretty sure it's a stupid joke.

6 2,838
Sun Sep 21, 2014 02:58 PM
5'5-5'7 guys, how do people react to you in Asia?

People in the 5'5-5'7 range, how do people react to you and treat you in places like China, Japan, Singapore, Indonesia and Vietnam? I would like your point of view. I would imagine that you would be above average in those places right? What is your social, dating and work life over there? If you don't live there, then how do the locals treat you in comparison to natives who are closer to the national average of those places?

1 2,448
Sun Sep 21, 2014 02:37 PM
Mike Tyson and why height doesn't matter to him

It is a good watch if you're into boxing like me.

4 4,290
Sun Sep 21, 2014 02:27 PM
What a short person looks like holding the new iPhone6 lol

Tell me you don't think this is funny hahahaha smiley

2 1,570
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:58 AM
Best way to get a shirt with a perfect fit?

Becuase of my height, it is difficult to find shirts that fit me exactly. They are either too long or are too loose in the arms. I normally wear clothes that are a few sizes bigger than my body and it's uncomfortable.

0 1,580
Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 AM
At what age did you accept your height?

Some of us don't care, some of us get depressed, some of us embrace it. At what age did you stop giving a crap about your height? How do you feal with others who put you down for being short?

0 1,570
Thu Sep 18, 2014 09:43 AM
Will heightism ever go away?

Life is really rough for a very short male. When I say short, I don't mean 5'6 short, but 5'0 short. I rarely get respect, haven't had a girlfriend and am regularly disrepected. I notice a lot of people talking about heightism but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Why is that?

FEEDBACK FORUM : SUGGESTION AND CRITICISM

Forum Permissions