WELCOME TO THE SHORT KINGZ COMMUNITY

Forum For Short Guys: ShortGuyCentral Community | ShortGuyCentralThe first and largest community dedicated to discussing the experiences of shorter men!
Discuss anything in our forums — Dating Women, Fashion, Heightism & More!
Buy, Sell & Trade Clothes, Fashion and Accessories in our Marketplace.

Marketplace Forum : Buy/Sell/Trade
COMMUNITY FORUM REPLIES VIEWS
LAST POST
1 2,136
Mon Mar 02, 2015 05:31 PM
by Dale
The Ultimate Short Guy Outfit Thread

Go ahead and post your outfits. This Bruno Mars pick set my tone for outfits for 2014. Slim line blazer, crisp button down shirt with a handkerchief in the blazer pocket. 

1 2,336
Mon Mar 02, 2015 05:25 PM
by Dale
Overcompensating

I was recently accused of overcompensating at work because I finished a huge report faster than the rest of my colleagues. It took them three days to finish what I completed in one business day. In a meeting following the report, one of my male colleagues called me a "brown noser who is obviously overcompensating for his height and wants to prove himself". 

Geez, I thought about buying a huge truck to add fuel to the fire. How do you guys respond to these types of accusations. It's like I literally cannot do anything positive, otherwise I'll be "overcompensating".

3 1,671
Mon Mar 02, 2015 04:53 PM
by Dale
If your girl was taller would you wear lifts?

100% Hypothetical, if you had a taller girlfriend would you wear lifts to make her more comfortable when you go out if she wore heels?

4 2,297
Mon Mar 02, 2015 04:49 PM
by Dale
Guys 5'6-5'7 do you think you have it REALLY bad with women?

I think our height is a disadvantage, but I don't really see it as being the means to living a life of solitude. I get comments on my height from time to time, but I kind of think of our height as being the minimum acceptable height before women and people start classifying us as "untouchable". I hear from time to time men in our height range as complaining that men our height have it the worse. I cannot imagine what it is like being under 5'5 but I see men that height with attractive women from time to time where I live. What are your thoughts?

5 2,238
Mon Mar 02, 2015 04:46 PM
by Dale
New boo is 5'10

A whole four inches taller than me! I was hanging out at a restaurant two weeks and we started chatting about random stuff. We hit it off, went on a few dates and now she's spending a lot of time in my crib. Feels good man. 

Started by Dale
0 1,397
Mon Mar 02, 2015 04:41 PM
by Dale
Hey all!

I am new here. Just looking for a place to chit chat with new people. I am of course on the shorter side (5'6) which is why I joined. I look forward to talking with you all and enjoying the forum :)

Started by Aaron
2 1,184
Sat Feb 28, 2015 07:21 AM
Hello

Hello to all members,

I am new to the forum and I am Aaron from Sydney, Australia and I am 29 year Manager at Gas station. I am short in height as I am only 159 CM longer.

I would love to make new friends here.

1 1,665
Sun Feb 22, 2015 03:27 AM
Short guys what do you find attractive in a woman?

Not sure why I opened with this title since all of us are pretty much short smiley

I like a nice smile, nice teeth, pale skin, slim, blue or green eyes and any height up to 4 inches taller than me.

Scarlett Johanson comes to mind. 

What do you guys like in a woman? 

2 1,867
Sun Feb 22, 2015 03:26 AM
Date with woman 4 inches taller from OKCupid

This beautiful blonde contacted me on OkCupid a few weeks ago which lead to two days of back and forth conversation. She eventually gave me her phone number and we started chatting. I have dated taller women before but because of all of the disclaimers on a lot of women's pages, I figured she must have overlooked my height and concentrated on my face and body.

At the end of our second conversation when I asked her on a date I reminded her how tall I was. She said "I know, do you have a problem with me being taller than you?". It was so cool! We had a great date and we plan on going out again! Hang in there guys!

14 5,027
Sun Feb 22, 2015 03:21 AM
15 Top Exercises to Increase Height

1. Swimming

Swimming is an exercise that requires plenty of stretching and reaching, which can gradually increase your height. However you will need to swim often and for long periods in order to see significant results. You should try and plan for two hours daily if you want to increase your height.

2 1,853
Sun Feb 22, 2015 02:57 AM
Boris does it again...

1 1,750
Fri Jan 02, 2015 09:33 AM
Michael Caldwell discusses heightism in 2003

This was posted on another site and I wanted to post it here. It is a discussion on BBC about heightism in the early 2000s featuring Michael Caldwell. 

Men Below Average Height Are Getting A Raw Deal

2 3,253
Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:10 PM
Martin Scorcese and Isabella Rossellini during their marriage

Saw this on Reddit and thought I'd post it here. 

4 1,997
Tue Dec 30, 2014 09:32 AM
Anyone else prefer smaller laptops? (13")

I was having a convo w/my friend the other day who is 6'3. He said he loves larger laptops because he has bigger hands and they feel better in his lap which to me makes sense. I've had 17" laptops in the past because they are used to be more powerful. Now that the smaller ones have caught up, I prefer smaller ones by far for the same reason. The last few laptops I had were all 13" or smaller. My most recent one being the 13" Macbook.

Do any of you prefer smaller gadgets? I know we are stereotyped for liking huge things like trucks to "overcompensate" but with me it couldn't be further from the truth!

0 1,362
Mon Dec 29, 2014 09:01 AM
Happy New Year!

I'm a few days early, but I wanted to be the first! Happy New Year! Hope the forum continues to grow! This is a great place!

4 2,126
Sun Nov 23, 2014 01:22 PM
Who were your short role models growing up?

Were there any short guys on TV, celebrities or actors you looked up to?

FEEDBACK FORUM : SUGGESTION AND CRITICISM

Forum Permissions